Care to Learn
If you are under 20 years old and have children, Care to
Learn can help with the cost of your childcare while you are
Childcare support covers:
- childcare costs while you learn, including if you are on
- childcare costs for extra private study time
- a childcare deposit if one is charged
- a childcare registration fee if one is charged
- necessary childcare fees payable in holidays to keep
- necessary travel costs to and from your childcare provider
- a childcare taster to help the child settle
You can get Care to Learn if you:
- are a parent and under age 20 at the start of your course
- follow a course in a school, sixth form or college
- are an apprentice with non-employed status
- are taking a course in the community e.g. at a children's
- are caring for your own child - mother or father
- are living in England
- use a registered childcare provider
How much you'll get
To find out how much you are entitled to please visit the
webpage about Care to Learn.
Care to Learn will not affect you or your family’s benefits or
allowances in any way.
You do not have to be getting benefits to have your childcare
paid through Care to Learn.
How to apply
Collect your application form from Student Services at
any of our six centres
online through the gov.uk website.
For help and advice
Call the Care to Learn helpline 0800 121 8989 (call
or email firstname.lastname@example.org