Care to Learn

If you are under 20 years old and have children, Care to Learn can help with the cost of your childcare while you are studying.


Childcare support covers:

  • childcare costs while you learn, including if you are on placement
  • childcare costs for extra private study time
  • a childcare deposit if one is charged
  • a childcare registration fee if one is charged
  • necessary childcare fees payable in holidays to keep child’s place
  • necessary travel costs to and from your childcare provider
  • a childcare taster to help the child settle


You can get Care to Learn if you:

  • are a parent and under age 20 at the start of your course
  • follow a course in a school, sixth form or college
  • are an apprentice with non-employed status
  • are taking a course in the community e.g. at a children's centre
  • are caring for your own child - mother or father
  • are living in England
  • use a registered childcare provider


How much you'll get

To find out how much you are entitled to please visit the webpage about Care to Learn.


Other information

Care to Learn will not affect you or your family’s benefits or allowances in any way.

You do not have to be getting benefits to have your childcare paid through Care to Learn.


How to apply

Collect your application form from Student Services at any of our six centres

or apply online through the website.


For help and advice

Call the Care to Learn helpline 0800 121 8989 (call charges)

or email

Cheeky child


do something new