Furniture & Crafts
Crafts continue to grow in popularity as both past
times and vocations, with traditional crafts
resurfacing in new formats.
- Design and build traditional and contemporary
- Create technical drawings and CAD
- Use specialist hand and power tools
- Set up and use wood working machinery
- Work with veneers and solid wood
- Sharpen tools
- Finish furniture by hand or spray finishing
- Install furniture
You will also learn the relevant health and safety information
View all furniture courses
Upholstery and soft furnishings
Students can study all aspects of modern and traditional
Learn to create fine quality soft furnishings such as
lampshades, curtains, cushions, blinds.
Techniques used include stripping chairs, webbing,
stuffing, stitching, recovering using foam, using staple guns and
industrial sewing machines.
View all upholstery and soft furnishings
We offer full and part-time courses at beginner to advanced
- Fine furniture making
- Textiles and soft furnishings
Our craft and furniture courses offer a range of paths for
both amateurs and those who aspire to a career in the
Our experienced tutors will help you develop your skills in our
well equipped facilities.