Sport and fitness
We offer sport and public services courses at Rugby
College, Moreton Morrell College and Evesham College.
We have full-time courses for school leavers through to
higher education to suit you. We also have a range of
part-time short courses suitable for adults interested in sports
coaching or the fitness industry.
Whether you see yourself as a sports coach, sports therapist,
personal trainer or PE teacher, the sport and fitness industry
is a thriving and rewarding career choice.
All of our colleges offering sport and public services have the
facilities you need to excel in your course.
Moreton Morrell College will benefit from brand new
facilities due for completion in Spring 2017.
The new sports hall has been designed to club level for
football, badminton and volleyball and premier level for basketball
It is ideally located next to the sports science
and curriculum gym, and is also close to the sports massage
facility and grass pitches for football, rugby and hockey.
The 37m Multi-sports Hall is complete with:
- sprung timber flooring
- Multi-sport electronic scoreboard with R/F links to
- Home and away changing Rooms and Showers
- Disabled changing room and shower
- First aid room
- Sports equipment store
Other highlights include MUGA and all-weather pitches.
Rugby College boasts:
- full-sized astroturf pitch for hockey and football
- sports hall for badminton (four court), football, volleyball,
basketball, hockey, netball and games
- gym with cardio, resistance
machines and free weights
Projects for sport and fitness students may
- sports coaching with primary schools
- running school games competitions
- delivering sports massage at events
- completing fitness testing on members of the public
- running fitness classes
View all sport and fitness courses
Fitness qualifications are awarded by CYQ and
are professionally recognised in the industry as well as receiving
REPS points (Register for Exercise Professionals).
Higher qualifications are currently being validated by
This course delivers the underpinning academic knowledge for
coaching as well as embedding 400 hours of work placement in a role
of your choice.