City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Organic Gardening
||09:15 - 16:45
What will I study?
Garden Organic, in association with NPTC, has developed this new qualification in Organic Gardening. It is aimed at amateur gardeners who would like to gain the knowledge and skills of growing vegetables organically. This is an introductory course suitable for those who are new to vegetable growing, attending College one day a week for 12 weeks.
What modules are covered?
- Garden Organic guidelines: the Garden Organic Guidelines on practices and products suitable for organic gardening
- Know your soil - pH, texture and structure: soil physical characteristics, pH, nutrient cycles and beneficial organisms within the soil
- Managing your soil: the use of bulky organic materials, composting and cultivation techniques to maintain a healthy soil
- Grow healthy plants - pests and diseases: the principles of organic pest and disease management; the recognition and control of pests and diseases
- Grow Healthy Plants – organic weed management: the identification of weeds and their benefits and problems; a wide range of control measures suitable for an organic garden
- Habitat creation and biodiversity: the establishment and maintenance of habitats that encourage biodiversity
- Planning the organic vegetable plot: planning a vegetable garden including resources needed and suitable crop rotations
- Vegetable plant raising, production methods and harvesting: the propagation and growing of a range of vegetables using organic methods; seed production and storage
What qualifications will I get?
City Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Organic Gardening
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through a range of practical assessments and multiple choice tests.
What is the entry process?
Please contact Short Courses at Pershore College for an Application Form on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01386 551 224
What else do I need to know?
The course is a mixture of classroom based sessions and practical horticulture. A wide range of vegetable will be grown by the students following Garden Organic Guidelines.
There is no class 3rd and 10th April and 29th May 2013 so the course will finish on 5th June 2013.
What can I do after this course?
This course is introductory but for some it may aid progression onto other courses such as Pershore Diploma Level 4 and the C & G Level 3 Certificate.
Got a question about this course?
Telephone: 0300 45 600 49
We make every effort to ensure that these course details are accurate. Warwickshire College reserves the right to make alterations. Fees may be indicative at the time of publishing.