Award for Personal License Holders - Level 2 BIIAB
APLH Level 2
||09:30 - 16:30
||09:30 - 16:30
||09:30 - 16:30
What will I study?
This course provides the knowledge for those running a licensed premises or about to engage a career on licensed premises. For anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises including: Pubs, bars, hotels, restaurants, off-licences, supermarkets, convenience stores, sports and social clubs, entertainment establishments, nightclubs, leisure parks, casinos and any other venues or sites where alcohol is served.
Please note the March 2013 course date is subject to change.
What modules are covered?
The course will cover items including licensable activities, and licensing objectives and other relevant information.
· The roles, responsibilities and functions of the licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.
· The application process for a personal licence.
· The roles and responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law.
· The premises licence.
· The content and purpose of operating schedules.
· The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.
· Unauthorised licensable activities.
· Permitted temporary licensable activities.
· Rights of entry to licensed premises.
· Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises.
· The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
· The strength of alcoholic drinks, the effects of alcohol on the human body.
· The protection of children from harm.
· The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
What qualifications will I get?
Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
How will I be assessed?
The examination comprises one part only which will contain 40 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 40 minutes. There is no compulsory section.
To pass the examination and gain the qualification candidates will have to answer 28 questions out of 40 correctly.
Questions will be selected from the assessment criteria as before and there will always be questions on the following:
· The sale of alcohol to and consumption of alcohol by children
· Serving a person who is drunk
· The licensing objectives
· The duty of a personal licence holder to declare relevant offences
· Rights of entry of authorised persons
Students will need to be qualified to level 1 in Literacy in order to successfully complete the written assignment.
Any learner whom English is not their first language is advised to contact the programme administrator prior to course commencement.
What are the entry requirements?
No formal qualification required but please see Assessment Guidelines
What else do I need to know?
Registration Fees On application - inclusive of course materials, course workbook and certification.
Got a question about this course?
Telephone: 0300 45 600 49
We make every effort to ensure that these course details are accurate. Warwickshire College reserves the right to make alterations. Fees may be indicative at the time of publishing.